It's always wise to keep an emergency kit in your car in case you end up in a tricky situation on the road. When the weather gets colder is when it's particularly important to have safety supplies nearby. As a responsible car owner, it's smart to prepare for the worst case scenario. Emergencies can happen to all of us. Whether you run out of fuel, slip off on an icy road, or puncture a tire, a well-stocked emergency kit can get you back on the roads quickly and safely.
We suggest keeping the following supplies in your emergency kit.
- Jumper cables
- Flashlight, plus extra batteries (or a hand-crank flashlight)
- A Swiss Army Knife)
- Bottled water
- First-aid kit with adhesive tape, antiseptic wipes and-aides, medical wrap gauze pads, and antiseptic cream
- Road flares or reflective warning triangles
Some other essentials that could be helpful in case of an emergency:
- Small fire extinguisher.
- Tire gauge to keep an eye on inflation
- Jack and lug wrench for when tires need to be changed
- Duct tape
- Rain poncho
- Rag, gloves, and hand cleaner (such as baby wipes)
- Foam tire sealant that can help with small tire punctures
- High-energy foods that are nonperishable such as raisins, granola bars, and peanut butter
- Lighter or matches
- Spare change or cash
Extra Items for driving in winter:
- Glove and hats
- A bag of sand or kitty litter to help with traction
- Tow strap and tire chains
- Sleeping bag
- Hand warmers
- Winter boots for longer trips
- Ice scraper
- Folding snow shovel
For more information on packing your emergency kit, reach out to the team at AutoPro Auto Service. To schedule an appointment, contact us. We are located at 7901 W. River Road in Brooklyn Park, MN.